This is one of the earliest smokeless cartridges, developed for Mauser-type magazine rifles during late 19th century. It was originally adopted by Belgian army in 1889, with round-nose FMJ bullet. Later it was adopted by Turkey and a number of South American countries, most notably Argentine. It was chambered in Mauser-type rifles and certain types of machine guns. Today this cartridge is mostly obsolete, although some manufacturers still produce this cartridge for civilian use.
|Designation||Bullet weight, g||Muzzle velocity, m/s||Muzzle energy, J||Comments|
|14.7||620||2830||with round-nose FMJ bullet|
|10||830||3440||with pointed FMJ bullet|